HOW TO: TY Beanie Baby Dog Costume

Monday, October 31, 2016

How To: Create a Beanie Baby Costume 
Happy HOWL-O-ween! 
This super SIMPLE 90s throwback costume has been floating around the internet for awhile and I finally decided to try it!

Last year, we did something a little more elaborate. This mother of dragons was veryyy happy with our little costumes hehe


This year, with Winston's surgery...I decided to keep things very simple! And I love crafting so yay!

There are SO many different ways you can make this... some people PRINT it on cardstock (and include a little poem on the inside. So cute).
But I actually wanted to make a felt tag for comfort and durability.

I found a great tutorial that includes the TY template...but I changed things up a little to make it easier.


Materials needed:

  • Red Felt
  • White Felt (with Sticky Back!  Available at Joann Fabric)
    If you can only find regular felt, you will need a hot glue gun to attach the letters
  • Red Ribbon
  • Scissors
  • Printer (to Print out Template)
That's it! 

The HOW TO:
  • Print TY Logo. Since I have three pups, I printed different sizes for them. 
  • I cut out the heart and traced it on felt with a chalk pencil. Or you can simply tape your template to the felt and cut it out. 
  • Once you have your heart, you can move onto the letters. Tape them to felt and cut them...or trace them onto felt and cut them. NOTE: Since I used a white felt with a sticky back, it was easiest for me to trace the letters onto the sticker stick backwards. I included a pic which will hopefully make it clear.
  • Remove sticker backing from letters and place on red felt
  • Cut hole for ribbon (or you could glue it to the back). I chose to create a small loop...and use more ribbon to create a big loop (a "collar") that goes around their neck. This helps the TY tag face forward without twisting around. 

Trace & Cut out heart

Created the TY letters on sticker felt by tracing them backwards on the sticky side. 

Cut out letters, remove backing and attach to heart. 


- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -